ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, supervise, administer and evaluate programs that meet or exceed attendance, customer service and sales/revenue goals.
- Maximize the visibility of the Performing Arts & Event Center, consistent with institutional goals and policies and long range objectives.
- Assure the Performing Arts & Event Center’s brand is managed to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy in all communications.
- Oversee or commission audience development and market research as needed, and facilitate the development of strategies based on analysis.
- Work collaboratively with management team, the Patron Services and rental Coordinators in establishing appropriate goals for ticket sales, campaigns and other strategies to ensure rental activity.
- Work closely with management team on long range planning and master calendar. Prepare budget information as needed for that process to achieve fiscal and planning goals.
- Oversee trends and results, and create and help implement mid-course correction strategies as necessary.
- Work with the Development Supervisor in the packaging and solicitation of sponsorships and in-kind support for campaigns. Ensure fulfillment of agreed upon donor recognition.
- Oversee negotiations of contracts with outside vendors for provisions of sales, marketing research, design printing and other services, and ensure competitive pricing and quality of work.
- Maintain department archive files (PR, advertising, promotions, photos, audience comments, etc.)
- Maintain all marketing and communications activities, including but not limited to public relations (press, program books and patron magazine); advertising (print, digital/electronic, broadcast and other media); season subscription and renewal campaigns (all direct sales and telemarketing); audience research and new subscriber activities; and effective use of news and social media in all facets of the operation. Including:
- Research and collect up-to-date information, images, and videos for shows and events.
- Draft e-blasts and assist with other electronic communications such as newsletters, member announcements, online event calendars and more.
- Draft press releases; maintain up-to-date and accurate online press room.
- Maintain website and production coordination. Ensure maintenance of marketing web content including but not limited to calendar; home page rotation; subscription and single ticket pages; new items; radio and TV broadcasts; special events; ancillary event registration; and photo, audio and video posts.
- Act as liaison between Marketing and Information Technology for Marketing web content, testing, and back-end functionality and maintenance.
- Manage existing and create new social media accounts; be a standard bearer for consistent content and dynamic patron engagement.
- Solicit and renew advertisers for the annual printed program.
- Keep display kiosks, information tables, and off-site distribution sites up-to –date with current posters and collateral.
- Assist with creation of signs, recognition cards, VIP lanyards, etc. for special events.
- Special projects as assigned such as Spanish and/or Korean translation for printed materials.
- Assist with pre- and post-show events and lectures, VIP parties, Annual Gala, etc.
- Weekend and evening hours required.
- Special event support as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High-level writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Intermediate to advanced graphic design skills, including design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Online marketing experience and social media best practices knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email marketing systems such as WordFly and/or other email marketing services.
- Experience maintaining web pages in a CMS environment (such as WordPress) and/or confidence in learning new technologies.
- Develop and edit copy and content for marketing materials.
- Create digital assets for online campaigns, including website and digital advertising.
- Primary contact for Webmaster requests.
- Facilitate relationships with graphic designers, printers and mail house.
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles including e-marketing, digital advertising, writing and copy-editing.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with graphic design; digital content creation a plus.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgement and initiative.
- Work collaboratively, proactively and professionally throughout the organization and with stakeholders such as vendors, artists, guests and others.
- Evaluate marketing trends and analysis. Apply analytical skills to interpret data and prepare conclusions and recommendations based upon information collected.
- Manage complex strategic plans and programs; work effectively under constant deadlines; must possess excellent organizational and time management skills, and careful attention to detail.
- Interact with artists, staff, the public and volunteers in an effective, professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Take initiative, show good judgement, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Accurately write, edit, and proofread various documents and marketing materials in printed and electronic format.
- Manage details efficiently and accurately.
- Successfully pass a background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Communications or equivalent relevant work experience in marketing and public relations in the non-profit performing arts and events/entertaining filed. Minimum of two (2) years of general office experience along with two (2) years of marketing experience in a similar role that involved oversight of complex and collaborative project. Two (2) years of experience using a current website software and desktop publishing software such as INDESIGN. Marketing, public relations, sales or arts background experience preferred. Bilingual preferred.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.