Over the past 50 years, Western Arts Alliance (WAA) has been the go-to resource for artists, agents, and presenters looking to launch a career, route a tour, or build a season.
Celebrate five decades of service, leadership, and achievement with a gift of $50 or more. Your contribution above and beyond membership dues will make a real difference in the careers of young professionals. And here’s how….
As we celebrate our 50th anniversary, Western Arts Alliance is the West’s indispensable nexus of learning, sharing, exploring, booking, and programming for the performing arts. But WAA is also leading the field with innovative programs and initiatives to advance your work.
- 35Below creates opportunities and pathways for millennials working in touring and presenting. Since the program (originally NextGen) was created in 2008 by Cory Baker and Todd Walker, scores of young professionals have experienced the benefits of 35Below and emerged as leaders. In fact, Cory Baker is now President of Western Arts Alliance.
- CODA is WAA’s advisory council, reaching across fifty years of WAA history to connect its most experienced members with the next generation of leaders.
- Launchpad is Western Arts Alliance's initiative to jumpstart the careers of emerging artists or agents just starting out. Over the last four years, 13 artists and agents have each received a bundle of resources valued at up to $5,000 to propel their entry in the regional market. I cannot think of any other incubator programs in the performing arts field with this level of forward thinking, open-mindedness, dedication, and hands on mentorship than WAA’s Launchpad. Joowan Kim, Ensemble Mik Nawooj, 2016 Launchpad Cohort
- Conexiones: Latino Arts @ WAA, is an interest group comprised of Latino arts professionals and allies focused on furthering Latino arts engagement. Conexiones is playing a major role in directing conversations about Latino culture with activities in important areas: research and advocacy, professional development, and networking.
- Indigenous Performance. Western Arts Alliance is the national leader in a long-overdue effort to engage Indigenous arts professionals in performing arts touring and presenting. WAA’s 2015 Indigenous Performance Symposium was a game-changer for our field. I was inspired by the leadership of the Board and staff in creating a space for not only making the work of First Nations artists visible but also ensuring the work was contextualised through a brilliant symposium.
Collette Brenan, Director, International Development, Australia Council for Arts
Please join your colleagues in celebrating our anniversary by making a gift. $50 for Fifty. Nifty! Our goal is to raise $15,000. You can make that happen. To support our tradition of leadership and innovation, click here to donate.
Give a Gift. Get a gift! With a gift of $50 or more, you’ll receive a beautiful lapel pin with WAA’s 50th Anniversary logo. But beyond this small token of our appreciation, you’ll also receive the gift of knowing that you’ve made a difference in the life of an artist or the career of an emerging leader.
Western Arts Alliance is the West’s place for connection, discovery and inspiration in the performing arts. Just as WAA has been there for you, WAA will be there for generations to come. Our work has never been more challenging, and our strength has never been more important, but together we’re leaning in…to the next 50 years. Thank you for your continued support.