Strings Music Festival
Steamboat Springs, CO
Strings Music Festival presents innovative programs of distinctive classical and popular contemporary music to the surrounding community of Steamboat Springs, Colorado and its visitors. Our intimate and friendly setting attracts people of all ages and backgrounds, and we enhance the cultural, educational, and entertainment experiences of our audience. No other organization brings world-class musicians to Northwest Colorado, creating the opportunities of a large city in a rural culture.
The summer festival season is divided into the Different Tempo Series, presenting popular, country, and world music, the Classical Series, the Youth and Family Series, and Outreach Programs. During the off-season Strings provides holiday and winter concerts as well as Strings School Days, a youth music education program. In 2013, Strings Music Festival hosted more than 65 events, reached nearly 25,000 audience members, and provided 40 percent of events at no cost.
Strings Music Festival seeks a Development Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for the implementation of the fundraising plans and campaigns to support Strings Music Festival’s programs and operations. The festival’s current annual budget is $1.8 million – the annual fundraising goal is $1 million, with over 600 annual donors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a long-range development plan.
- Set annual fundraising goals with Executive Director.
- Identify and attract donors and solicit gifts of up to $5,000 from individuals and corporations.
- Assist Executive Director with solicitation of major gifts over $5,000.
- Maintain personal contact with past and potential funding sources.
- Cultivate new donors at all levels of giving. Identify and cultivate corporate donors.
- Develop and manage special programs and campaigns to attract annual, capital, and planned giving support.
- Design and oversee the production of high-quality special events to supplement annual fundraising revenues.
- Attend meetings of community organizations as a means of cultivation for new and existing supporters.
- Serve as liaison with the Strings Board Development Committee and Strings Guild.
- Research new grant opportunities, write grants, and maintain relationships with granting institutions.
- Manage database of over 14,000 constituents, including running necessary queries and reports for staff.
Experience & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of five years of development experience.
- A strong track record in writing grants and soliciting major gifts from individuals and corporations.
- A strong proficiency and understanding of fundraising software and databases.
- Strong planning, analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- The ability to work evenings and travel.
- A knowledge of and passion for music and the arts.
- A knowledge of the community of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. No relocation funds are available.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, three references and three professional writing samples to Kay Clagett, email@example.com. No phone calls please. Strings Music Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.