How to Apply
Western Arts Alliance is accepting applications for the WAA Institute: The Emerging Latino Majority, a retreat for performing arts professionals will take place in San Antonio, November 5-8, 2014. Scholarships include $500 and 50% off the registration fee. WAA will award up to five scholarships. The institute is limited to 50 participants. WAA Institute Scholarships are made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Western Arts Alliance Willis Fund.
- Complete the application form and essay questions (no more than one additional page), attach a current resume, and fax or email all three documents to the WAA office.
- Applications must be received by August 30, 2014! Applicants will be notified by September 19.
- Up to five scholarships will be awarded.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarships are limited to one person per organization.
- Applicants must be employed by a performing arts presenter or nonprofit performing arts organization and a resident of a Western state (including Texas) or province.
- Applicants must be 40 or under.
- Preference will be given to applicants from a Western Arts Alliance member organization and/or minorities, especially Hispanic.
- Applications will be decided by the WAA Institute Steering Committee / CODA Council.
- If your application is approved, WAA will email you a discount code for 50 percent off the registration rate.
- Funding will be on a reimbursement basis with documentation of expenses. Funds may be applied to the cost of registration, travel, meals, and lodging.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the WAA Staff at 503-274-4729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Willis Fund
The Willis Fund, created in memory of WAA Co-founder Jerry Willis, is dedicated to supporting new and emerging presenters. Since 1997, WAA members and friends have committed hundreds of gifts large and small to support Jerry Willis’ legacy of mentoring and professional growth.